Friday, June 28, 2013

Five More Things That Made Me Smile

1. This song. I absolutely love it. I tend to Shazam a lot of songs so I remember to put them on my Spotify playlists and I must have heard this song once and liked it. I was listening to music the other day and the song came on and I started to really listen to the lyrics. It has an awesome message and I fell in love with this band and immediately added a whole bunch more of their songs to my playlist!

Kutless - What Faith Can Do


2. Last Saturday I coached a bunch of my former players (and a couple new ones) in a 4v4 tournament. I love coaching these kids and we had a good time, even though it was super hot out!
Both teams and me before the games

3. On Monday, a friend texted me and said she had an extra ticket to the Boyz II Men, 98° and New Kids On The Block concert and asked if I wanted to go. I said sure, why not? We ended up having a blast and it was hilarious watching the guys do all their old boy band moves on stage! I have to say, some of them aged VERY nicely ;)
Top to Bottom: Boyz II Men, 98°, and New Kids On The Block

4. I went up to the quarry nearby with my friend Jen and we had a great time laying out, swimming, and just generally hanging out. (And she also let me do my laundry at her house. Thanks, Jen!) We had to leave the quarry a little earlier than we wanted to because of a crazy rainstorm, but afterwards the sun shining through the clouds was too beautiful to not capture!
The sunshine after the rain
5. On Saturday I get to see one of my favorite people get married! Bri was a rock for me all through college and I don't know what I would have done without her some days! She was always there for me when I needed a hug, some advice, spiritual help, a shoulder to cry on, and even once a floor to sleep on. She will be a beautiful bride I'm sure and I'm so excited to share the day with her!
And old but awesome picture of Bri and me at a UC football game

No comments:

Post a Comment